Log in

LATEST CLUB NEWS & INFO

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 
  • 24 Jul 2021 6:49 AM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    TAB Sunday Morning ride, July 25th, will again depart from Wildwood Metropark at 8 am for a 41 mile ride. This is a no drop ride with two stops, average speed between 16 and 18 mph.


  • 21 Jul 2021 4:51 PM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

    Speedtrap Ride Tuesday July 20th recap

              Exceptionally nice weather brought thirty-eight cyclists to Elmore last night for the Speedtrap Ride.

              Scott Lang led the Ghost Pepper Riders and reported a 23.4 mph average.

    Dan Willis, who was in that group, only averaged 23.399 mph. He’ll have to ride better on his next visit!

              Dave Stover and Doug Kilpatrick were co-leaders for a combined Cayenne Pepper/Habanero Pepper group. They reported a riding average of 22 mph.

              Todd Pollock led the Jalapeno group of nine riders, one of them new to the Speedtrap Ride, and reported a riding average of 17.7 mph.

              Four others and I rode out as the Sweet Pepper Riders. My Garmin indicated an average of 15.65 mph, but others may have had a slightly higher average, as I lagged a bit behind in the last two miles(but I’m finally riding a little better).

              There was a mild west wind, but it made the return to Elmore enjoyable!

              There were five riders new to the Speedtrap Ride last night. All are pictured:

    Michael Loga(white letters on black jersey), Timothy James Ollom(sleeveless jersey), Jordan Eddings(Hammer nutrition jersey), Kenny Shaw(red jersey), and Michael Miller(black Ride Spoke Life Cycles jersey). Welcome all to the Speedtrap Ride!

              After the ride, several riders gathered in front of the bike shop for music, drink, and good conversation.

              The fun continues next Tuesday, July 27th, as the Speedtrap Ride rolls out once again. The long-range forecast is for good riding weather. Please join us for a ride on some quiet country roads with some great people, too! Sign-in begins at 6:00 in front of the bike shop. I hope to see you then!

    Chuck Nicewonder


  • 20 Jul 2021 7:47 AM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    Come join the Windsday TAB ride tomorrow at Timberstone JH in Sylvania. The GLR and Reasonable and Reliable group keeps growing each week. We will have a ride leader for both groups. The R&R will average around 17 mph and the group can decide to ride the 20 or the 25 mile route. The GLR will do the 20 mile route and will be 14 to 16 mph average. We roll out at 6:30 pm.

  • 19 Jul 2021 5:09 PM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

    Speedtrap Ride Tuesday, July 20th

              The Speedtrap Ride, the best Tuesday night ride out of Ottawa County, will once again roll out from Spoke Life Cycle in Elmore, Ohio, tomorrow, Tuesday, July 20th, at 6:30 pm.

              Scott Lang will lead the Ghost Pepper Riders over a 25-mile course. If you ride in his group, expect to average 22 – 23 mph. Are you up to the challenge!?

              John Del Toro, substituting for Bob Kayden, will lead the Cayenne Pepper Riders over the same course at a lightly slower pace(maybe!) 21 – 22+ mph

              Doug Kilpatrick will lead the Habanero Riders over the same 25-mile course at 20 – 21 mph.

              Todd Pollock will take out the Jalapeno Riders anywhere from 16 – 19 mph.

              I will ride out with anyone who would like to ride at a casual pace. We will be the Sweet Pepper Riders.

              The weather looks favorable for riding: sunny, 85 degrees, WNW winds at 7 mph, and only a 5% chance of rain at ride time.

              The Speedtrap Ride is a joint venture of the Toledo Area Bicyclists(TAB) and the Flatlanders Bicycle Club. It’s a great way to meet some new(great!) people and to ride some quiet country roads. If you arrive early, Spoke Life Cycles can provide any last minute needs. Sign-in begins at 6:00 in front of the bike shop. I hope to see you then.

    Chuck Nicewonder


  • 16 Jul 2021 6:47 PM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    This Sunday’s weather is looking fantastic. Come join Ken and myself for the Sunday Morning TAB ride. We will depart from Wildwood Metropark at 8 am. We will follow the regular Sunday route, 41 miles. This is a no drop ride and we will average between 16 and 18 mph. We will stop for a snack around the half way point.


  • 14 Jul 2021 6:22 PM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

    Speedtrap Ride Tuesday July 13th recap

              The Speedtrap Ride drew twenty-one riders to Elmore last night on what had been a very rainy Tuesday. Fortunately, riders may have experienced only a few drops.

    Scott Lang led the combined Ghost Pepper/Cayenne Pepper group. He reported a 22.8 mph average.

    Doug Kilpatrick led the Habanero group, and reported 21.3 mph.

    Todd Pollock was the leader of four strong riders who rode at a 19.0 mph average.

    Part of his group is pictured along the Portage River.

              Please join us next week for the next chapter of the Speedtrap Ride. Sign-in begins at 6:00 in front of the bike shop on what is hopefully a rain-free day. I hope to see you then.

    Chuck Nicewonder


  • 13 Jul 2021 5:27 PM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    Tonight's Old 24 Ride is cancelled.

  • 12 Jul 2021 8:01 PM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    Come join Edgar Rapp, Kelly Trame and myself as we lead the TAB Windsday ride this Wednesday 7/14. We start at Timberstone Junior High (9000 Sylvania Ave, Sylvania, OH 43560) and roll out at 6:30 pm.  The Fast and Furious will ride 21+ mph, Reasonably Fast will ride between 19 to 20 mph avg, and the Reasonable and Reliable/GRL will ride to the group’s ability. This group is targeting 14 to 17 mph avg and is a NO drop ride. The first two groups will ride the same 25 mile route. The R&R/GRL will ride a 20.6 mile route.

  • 12 Jul 2021 5:56 PM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

    One of America’s great Tuesday night rides, the Speedtrap Ride, will once again roll out at 6:30 pm tomorrow, Tuesday, July 13th, from Spoke Life Cycles in Elmore, Ohio.

    Scott Lang will lead the Ghost Pepper Riders. If you ride in his group, expect to average 22 – 23 mph. Are you up to the challenge?!

    Bob Kayden will lead the Cayenne Pepper Riders at (maybe) a slightly slower pace. Last week his group topped 22 !

    Doug Kilpatrick will lead the Habanero Riders at 20 – 21 mph.

    Todd Pollock will take the Jalapeno Riders out . His group expects to average 16 – 18 mph.

    I will ride with anyone who would like to go at a casual pace. We will be the Sweet Pepper Riders.

    At ride time the temperature is predicted to be in the upper 70s, with cloudy skies and south winds at 6 mph. There is a 20% chance of precipitation, but that means 80% chance of no precipitation.

    The Speedtrap Ride is a joint venture of TAB and the Flatlanders. Why not come out to Elmore and enjoy the camaraderie. You’ll ride with some great people on some quiet country roads. Sign-in begins at 6:00 in front of the bike shop. I hope to see you then.

    Chuck Nicewonder

     

  • 12 Jul 2021 5:28 PM | Tim Prand (Administrator)

    Monday night ride out of Whitehouse is cancelled due to rain... See you next week!

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 

© 2020 Toledo Area Bicyclists

All Rights Reserved

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software