We are looking at another GREAT evening for cycling on Thursday, 5/18. Cooler temps, dry conditions and moderate winds.
We will be beta-testing a new group for the next few weeks, Group 3.5 (Xtra Spicy 2/Bold Picantes - Beta Test Group)
- Where Xtra Spicy has been pushing the 21 mph envelope, the goal of this group will be 20 mph +
- This should be a good group for riders who may be struggling with Extra Spicy and too strong for Spicy Plus.
- Rolling averages will be 20 to 22 mph + depending on the wind and group dynamics.
- The goal will be to get stronger and more skilled at riding with a faster group. So you will be pushed at times.
- This group is not represented in the online sign up yet. If this works out and the group becomes "official" I will update the online sign up at that point. Just sign up under Extra Spicy for now.
Please be signed in and at the starting point by 18:25 for pre-ride announcements. With the extra group we need to have Hot 1 rolling at 18:30.
Remember you can sign in electronically at
Rides and ride leaders:
Group 1 (Hot1) - Avg: 20-23 + mph, 26 mi: Ben Groves
Group 2 (Hot2) - Avg: Less hot than Hot1 26 mi: Tim Eckel
Group 3 (Xtra Spicy) - Avg: 19-21 mph, 26 mi: Doug Kilpatrick
Group 3.5 (Xtra Spicy 2/Bold Picantes - Beta Test Group) - Avg: 19-21 mph, 26 mi: Traci Bash with Joe Peltier as her back-up.
Group 4 (Spicy Plus) - Avg: 18-19.5 mph, 26 mi: ???
Group 5 (Spicy) - Avg: 16-18 mph, 24 mi: Dave Barret/Mark Maxwell
Group 6 (GLR) - Avg: 14-16 mph, 20 mi: ???