Maumee Area River Ride (MARR)
🚴♀️ 🚴♂️ 🚴♀️ 🚴♂️ 🚴♀️ 🚴♂️ 🚴♀️ 🚴♂️
The Maumee Area River Ride (MARR) will, again, dedicate proceeds to the Northwestern Ohio Rails-to-Trails Association (NORTA). In the past few years, cycling of all types in NW Ohio has enjoyed an enthusiastic surge in participation. The NORTA supported trails in our area are well used and greatly appreciated by walkers, runners and cyclists alike. MARR is proud to demonstrate our support for future trail development and affirm the Toledo Area Bike Club's mission of promoting and enhancing safe bicycling in Northwestern Ohio.
Please CLICK HERE if you are interested in sponsoring MARR (see below for list of sponsors).
Check out our Face Book Page. For regular updates, please LIKE and SHARE. Help us spread the word!
April 20, 2020
**MARR COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT**
The current situation has affected us all and it has been a challenging spring for everyone. The COVID-19 pandemic brings with it the uncertainty of what to expect this summer. While MARR is still several months out, the planners of the event had to make some very difficult decisions now.
We want to bring our members and the bicycling community the best possible experience. With the health and safety of the riders and our generous volunteers in mind, your MARR team and the TAB board of directors have decided to cancel MARR 2020, previously scheduled for August 8.
If you’ve already registered, your fees will be returned to you.
We appreciate your understanding and support while safely waiting to resume to a time when we can all be together. Watch for news and updates on our website and our Face Book pages.
Our best wishes to you and your families. Stay healthy.
VIRTUAL MARR 2020!
We know that many of you were really disappointed when we made the tough call to cancel MARR 2020. After last year’s fun and success, so were we. So, we’ve decided to offer a Virtual MARR Ride! The roads are still out there, waiting for you! Here’s what we’re doing:
1. Register below for the ride. It’s FREE, but we’d like to try to get a head count! While you're here, you may choose to make a donation to the Northwestern Ohio Rails to Trails Association. NORTA was our beneficiary again this year.
2. Next, any day between Aug 1 - Aug 15, stop in to Cyclewerks at 6760 Providence Street in Whitehouse to pick up your map and cue sheet. While MOST of the painted route arrows are still visible, some may have worn off or been paved over, so it’s a good idea to have a map & cues with you. GPS files are available, below, for download.
3. Ride any route of your choice! Please wear a helmet, and ride safely!
4. Along the route, take a selfie to share on the MARR Face Book Page!
5. Return to Cyclewerks at the end of your ride and you’ll receive a commemorative MARR 2020 Virtual Ride button (pictured).
Remember, you’re on your own! There’s no SAG and no food stops. So please go prepared. You can get water at the rest areas designated on the maps. Please heed any social distancing orders that may still be in place at the time of your ride.
We’d like to thank our cash sponsors, Price Pro, Saint Lukes Hospital, and Johns Manville for allowing us to donate 100% of their sponsorship for MARR to NORTA this year!
We also want to thank Cyclewerks for their support and resources for this year's V-MARR!
Download the .gpx files from the links below to your Garmin or other device!
All rides begin and end at Whitehouse Village Park, 6751 Providence Street, Whitehouse Ohio.
Add your business to our growing list of MARR sponsors! Thank you for your support in making MARR a great event! CLICK HERE