Log in

LATEST CLUB NEWS & INFO

  • 3 May 2021 7:49 PM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    TAB Windsday Ride will start this Wednesday May 5th. We leave from Timberstone Junior High in Sylvania at 6:30.  Come join Edgar Rapp with the Fast and Furious (Avg 19 to 23 mph), Jenifer Wiles with the Reasonably Fast (avg 18-20 mph) and Kelly Trame with the Reasonable and Reliable (avg 16-18 mph). We all ride the same 25 mile route. F&F and R&F are drop rides. R&R is a no drop ride.

  • 3 May 2021 7:35 PM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

    The Speedtrap Ride, the best Tuesday night ride out of Ottawa County, will make its first official ride of the 2021 season, tomorrow, May 4th, from Spoke Life Cycles Elmore at 6:30 pm.

              Scott Lang will lead the Ghost Pepper Riders on a 25-mile ride at 22+ mph.

              Bob Kayden will lead the Cayenne Pepper Riders over the same course at 20 – 22 mph.

              Douglass Kilpatrick will lead the Habanero Riders at 18 – 20 mph.

              I will lead the Jalapeno Riders over a slightly shorter 22-mile course at 15 – 17 mph.

            Todd Pollack will lead the Sweet Pepper Riders at 13 – 15 mph

     

    The Speedtrap Ride is a joint venture of TAB and the Flatlanders. It’s a great opportunity to ride some quiet country roads and to meet some great people, too!

     

    There is approximately a 35% chance of showers at ride time. That means 65% chance of no showers. Temperatures will be in the mid 60s with a WNW wind at 10 -12 mph. Sign-in begins at 6:00. I hope to see you then.

    Chuck Nicewonder

             

  • 3 May 2021 1:48 PM | Rick Metcalf

    This Saturday, May 8th, I will lead the Adventure ride on my Sylvania/Wildwood Park route with an assist from John Wodarski Jr. to guide us through the residential neighborhoods. We will be stopping at Rob Rausch’s  ghost bike for a moment of silence/prayer. Burger King breakfast stop. We will be looking for an average speed of 16.5 with rolling speed of 17 to 18.5. This route is about 48 miles. We start from Whitehouse at 8:00.

  • 3 May 2021 7:02 AM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    TAB Tuesday Old 24 Ride will be this Tuesday May 4th. We leave from CycleWerks in Whitehouse at 6:30. We will ride 28.5 miles with an average between 19-21 mph. For any potential bad weather, I will always cancel by 5:30 pm day of ride.


  • 27 Apr 2021 4:39 PM | Tim Prand (Administrator)

    TAB adventure ride for May 1st starts at 8 am and leaves from the Cyclewerks parking lot in Whitehouse. We are going to try to find some shelter from the wind along the banks of the Maumee river. Come join us for 44 beautiful miles at a rolling pace of 18 to 20 mph and an average of 16 to 18 when we are done.

    ***Reminder this week we start at 8 AM! ***

    Ride with GPS link

  • 20 Apr 2021 7:14 PM | Jenifer Wiles (Administrator)

    The Sunday Morning TAB ride will depart from Secor Metropark on April 25. The Glass City Marathon will be running through Wildwood that morning.  We will depart at 9 am (Nature Center Parking Lot) for a 44 mile route that the Saturday Adventure ride road a few weeks ago. This is a no drop ride and we will average between 16 and 18 mph. We will stop for a snack around the half way point.

    https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34007616


  • 2 Apr 2021 9:04 AM | Tim Prand (Administrator)

    Let the riding season begin!

    Club rides have been updated to reflect 2021 ride leaders and any current vacancies. If you are interested in being a ride leader, please contact Chuck Nicewonder or Chris Holmes.

    Saturday and Sunday morning rides start at 9am for the month or April and will change to 8am starting in May.

    Enjoy and be safe!

  • 1 Jun 2020 6:34 AM | Daniel Becker

    The TAB Board of Directors voted and the majority decision is to suspend TAB group rides until the end of June. At that time, the board will again meet to determine club action going forward.

    While riding in June remember to follow and exhibit the safe guidelines and recommendations by the State of Ohio and the CDC.

    Please maintain social distancing, wear a mask to protect yourself and reduce the spread of Coronavirus Covid-19. 

  • 20 May 2020 12:31 PM | Daniel Becker

     

    TAB 2020 Membership Extension & New Member Offer

    Obviously, most of the benefit of your TAB membership is built around group riding and the associated socializing, both of which are currently risky. As a result, the TAB board has decided to extend the membership of all active members an additional year at no cost to you. For example, if your membership was due to expire January 31, 2021, it now will expire January 31, 2022. Considering the uncertainty of this riding season, we want to help ensure your membership in TAB is not diminished due to the virus.

    To check your membership status go to www.toledoareabicyclists.org and click on the Membership link.

    We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you informed of any decisions made by the TAB board. If you have any questions about this, contact Membership Director Rick Rump at tab.cycling@bex.net

    A Great Time to Join or Rejoin TAB

    TAB has been promoting group cycling in northwest Ohio for about 40 years, but our group rides are on a temporary hiatus, as we wait for a time when the risk of riding as a group is at a safer level. We soon hope to be able to resume our TAB rides in some fashion. In the interim, this seemed like an opportune time to make you aware of a special membership offer. 

    Two for One Membership Offer

    For whatever reason, you chose not to renew your membership or to join TAB. We’d like you to now join us as club members. To provide some encouragement, until June 30, we are offering you the opportunity to receive two years of TAB membership for the price of one year. In effect, $20 gets you a two-year individual membership and $30 provides you with a two-year family membership.

    To join, go to www.toledoareabicyclists.org and click on the Membership link. We hope you will join us.

    If you have any questions, please contact Membership Director Rick Rump at tab.cycling@bex.net. Be cautious and stay safe as you ride our roads.

© 2020 Toledo Area Bicyclists

All Rights Reserved

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software