Speedtrap Ride Tuesday, August 24th
The Speedtrap Ride, one of America’s great Tuesday night rides, will roll out again this Tuesday, August 24th, from Spoke Life Cycles in Elmore, Ohio, at 6:30 pm.
Scott Lang will lead the Ghost Pepper Riders, and his group will likely average 23+ mph over a 25-mile course. Are you ready!!??
Bob Kayden will take out his Cayenne Pepper Riders at what may be a slightly slower pace, 22+/- mph
Doug Kilpatrick will lead the Habanero Riders and will likely average 20 – 21 mph.
The Jalapeno Riders will be led by Todd Pollock. His group will likely average 17 – 19 mph.
I will ride out with anyone who would like to ride at a slightly more casual pace. We will be the Sweet Pepper Riders. In the last few weeks our average speed has been around 16 mph, maybe slightly less, maybe slightly more.
There may be a few riders who would just like to ride down the North Coast Inland Trail and back. They are the GLPR: Good Looking Pepper Riders.
Because of chip and seal on SR 105, there may be variations from the standard routes.
The temperature is predicted to be in the upper 80s, with a SW wind of 5 mph. There is a 15% chance of precipitation, but that’s an 85% chance of no precipitation.
The Speedtrap Ride is a great opportunity to ride some quiet country roads, and to meet some super nice people, too! Why not come out to Elmore and give the Speedtrap Ride a try? After, the ride, several will be gathering at DeStazios Bistro Restaurant in Elmore for food and drink. Destazios is staying open later than usual to accommodate Speedtrap Riders. It looks to be an evening of great fun! Sign-in for the ride begins at 6:00 in front of the bike shop. I hope to see you then!