Log in

Speedtrap Ride Tuesday August 20th

19 Aug 2019 7:19 AM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

Speedtrap Ride Tuesday August 20th

          The Speedtrap Ride will roll out once again from Spoke Life Cycles on Elmore tomorrow, Tuesday, August 20th, at 6:30 pm.

This week’s will be a special one: the Peggy Avers route that the Flatlanders did a couple of years ago. Here is the link to the route on ridewithgps.Peggy Avers 25-mile Ride Also attached is a cue sheet. I will have copies available.

          Scott Lang will lead the Ghost Pepper Riders. Last week his group topped 24 mph. Will they do it again?

          A volunteer is needed for the Cayenne Pepper Riders. Bob Kayden is away. This group plans to average 20 – 22 mph.

          Tony Mazurek will lead the Habanero Riders. He expects to average 18 – 20 mph.

          I will lead the Jalapeno Riders. We hope to average 16 – 18 mph.

          Marnie Arndt will take the Sweet Pepper Riders on a ride at a distance and speed comfortable for those in her group.

          The high temperature is predicted to be 87 degrees, with southerly winds at 5 to 10 mph. There is a 40% chance of scattered thunderstorms, but that means 60% chance of no thunderstorms.

          As always, some riders may gather after the ride at the Portage Inn in Elmore for food, drink, and good conversation. Anyone is welcome to plan or do anything else to make this a special event.

          Come on out to Elmore and ride some quiet country roads. You meet and ride with some great people, too! Sign-in begins at 6:00 in front of the bike shop. I hope to see you then!

Chuck NicewonderPeggy Avers 25-mile Ride.xlsx

         

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software