Log in

Speedtrap Ride Tuesday July 2nd

1 Jul 2019 7:28 PM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

Speedtrap Ride Tuesday July 2nd

          The Speedtrap Ride will roll out once again from Spoke Life Cycles/Elmore, tomorrow, Tuesday, July 2nd, at 6:30 pm.

          Scott Lang will be back to lead the Ghost Pepper Riders over a 25-mile course. If you ride with his group, expect to average around 22 mph. Are you ready for the challenge?!

          Tony Mazurek will also be back to lead the Habanero Riders over the same course. He expects to average anywhere from 18 to 20 mph.

          I will lead the Jalapeno Riders on a slightly shorter 22-mile course. We expect to average 16 – 17 mph.

          Marnie Arndt will lead the Sweet Pepper Riders on a ride over a distance and at a speed comfortable for those in her group.

          The weather forecast is for high temperatures above 90 degrees and west winds at 10 to 15 mph. There is a 40% chance of a thunderstorm, but that’s a 60% chance of no thunderstorm. West winds should make the return-to-Elmore portion of the ride fun.

          As usual, several riders may gather at the Portage Inn in Elmore after the ride for food, drink, and good conversation.

          If you haven’t experienced the Speedtrap Ride, you’ve missed out on some quiet country roads with little traffic. Regular riders include many super nice people! You’ve missed out there, too! So, come on out to Elmore. Sign-in begins at 6:00 and we ride at 6:30 pm. I hope to see you then!

Chuck Nicewonder

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software