Log in

Speedtrap Ride Tuesday July 9th

07/08/2024 4:29 PM | Chuck Nicewonder (Administrator)

Speedtrap Ride Tuesday July 9th

          The Speedtrap Ride, the best Tuesday night ride out of Ottawa County,

 will roll out again tomorrow, Tuesday, July 9th, at 6:30 pm from Spoke Life Cycles in Elmore, Ohio.

          There will be five groups. The first four will ride a 25-mile course. The last one will ride a 22-mile course.

          Scott Lang leads the Ghost Pepper Riders and usually averages 23+ mph. Are you ready for the adrenalin rush??!!

          John Del Toro rides out with his Cayenne Pepper Riders and averages 21 to 22 mph,

          Ken South will take out his Habanero Riders. His group’s averages are getting very close to 20 mph.

          Ken Shaw will lead the Jalapeno Riders at anywhere from 16 to 19 mph.

          I plan to ride out with the Sweet Pepper Riders, those who would like a more casual pace.

          The weather forecast is for a temperature of 80 degrees and a mild west wind of 7 mph at ride time. There is, however, a 40% chance of showers, But….that means 60% chance of no showers! We’ll keep our fingers crossed!!!        

          The Speedtrap Ride is a combined effort of the Toledo Area Bicyclists(TAB) and the Flatlanders Bicycle Club. It’s a great opportunity to ride some quiet country roads and meet some great people, too! Why not give it a try! Sign-in begins at 6:00 in front of the bike shop. I hope to see you then!

          Pictured is versatile Flatlander and perennial Speedtrap rider Chris Marquardt(on the tandem with Debra Lohr) as they appeared June 7, 2022, and versatile and active TAB member David Barret, as he appeared July 26, 2022.

Chuck Nicewonder



         

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software