Pre-Registration: Register online with Active.com CLICK HERE. Or download a print form CLICK HERE. Day of registration will be available and opens at 6:45 AM. Print forms can be mailed to included form address for early registration opportunities.
Pricing: Low early-registration pricing available online at Active.com. Or have registration form delivered/mailed by June 1st (see form for address). All early individual registrations will receive a free t-shirt! T-shirts are only available for early registered riders, although there may be limited supply available for purchase the day of the tour.
Pre-Registered by Tuesday May 28th (“early”):
- Family 25 miles – $30 (2 free t-shirts included); Individual 25 miles – $15; Individual 40 or 65 miles – $25
After Tuesday May 28th and Day Of Event:
- Family 25 miles – $35; Individual 25 miles – $20; Individual 40 or 65 – $30
Perks of our Tour: Air conditioned registration/finish UAW Hall with restrooms (remember cycling shoes with exposed cleats and bikes are not allowed inside), Scenic country roads, sag/mechanic support, well marked roads with low traffic and flat-rolling terrain, most gravel corners swept, rest stop every ~15-25 miles depending on route, pre-ride and rest stop refreshments, maps, free lunch for all tour participants.
Optional MASS GROUP Welcome and Start at 8:15 AM.
NEW FOR 2019: Included lunch for all tour riders!
Lunch: Available from 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM.
Giveaways: Free t-shirts available to all early (May 28th deadline) Registrations. 2019 tour give-aways and prizes to be determined….stay tuned!
Routes: 25 miles – Paved, low traffic rural roads with one rest stop and lunch. 40 miles with two rest stops and lunch; 65 miles with three rest stops and lunch. Please plan your start time and pace in accordance with rest stop and SAG availability times listed below.
We will have GPS routes available and established Strava Segments along our routes!
Lodging: Hotels and restaurants available within 3 miles of tour start/finish. Please email us if you need recommendations. We recommend accommodations at the HWY309/Exit 125 off I75. There are excellent local restaurants and cuisine throughout Lima.
Event Check In Location and Start/Finish: 1750 Bible Rd, Lima, OH 45801. UAW Local 1219 Park. Indoor registration and restrooms available. Easy access from I75, US30 and HWY81. MAP CLICK HERE.
Tour Schedule and Rest Stop Availability:
- 6:45 AM – Registration Opens. Refreshments available. Pre-registered riders are required to check in. Your ride can start at your convenience, but we encourage a mass start at 8:15 AM.
- 7:00 AM – Routes open, but encouraged to consider MASS Start.
- 8:15 AM – WELCOME and MASS GROUP START (optional). Gather at 8:00.
- 8:00 AM – Rest stop open. The rural routes will have rest stop/refreshments available every ~15 to 25 miles depending on the route from 8:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Expect water, sport/energy drink, bars, fruit, etc.
- 9:30 AM – Suggested cut off for 65 route start.
- 10:30 AM – All riders should be on the routes. (i.e. registrations closes)
- 11:00 AM – Lunch is available at the start/finish until 2:30 PM. Giveaways and door prize winners will be posted!
- 2:00 PM – Route rest stop(s) are closed.
- 3:00 PM – Lunch and finish location is closed. Limited support/SAG after this time only for special situations deemed necessary by tour organizers.
Why the Limaland Tour with Team Roadrunners?: This is our annual tour hosted by us, Team Roadrunners Bicycle Club. We use this tour to meet up with other cyclists, promote our communities and provide a small fund raising effort for our club. The funds raised are used for club bicycle initiatives in our community such as organizing rides, promoting cycling participation and awareness, growing a safer riding community and being a resource and organization for all cyclists in our area. We are all volunteers, cyclists and love riding our bikes.
For 2019, a charitable donation will be made to local bike charity mission: The Wheelhouse. They refurbish and supply bicycles for youth and individuals in need of a bike and transportation. They also offer bike repair, helmets and assistance for those in need. Past tour proceed recipients have included the Veterans Food Pantry and Lafayette-Jackson Historic Society.
Fine Print: Sorry, no rain date or refunds. We will reserve the right to alter the event if lightning or other safety concerns develop. Youth riders under 18 y/o must be accompanied by an adult. Family = head of house+spouse+under 18 y/o dependent(s) for “family” pricing on the short route only. Helmets are required! We do our best to provide a safe, fun and friendly ride.
Tour Contact: contact at email@example.com
See YOU on the 15th of June. Spread the word and bring some friends!